Beginning Tuesday 3/17, Providence Public School District is collaborating with Sodexo to provide students free “grab and go” meals at school sites. These sites will continue to serve children ages 18 and under until Providence public schools reopen.
Each site will be distributing packaged lunch and breakfast meals weekdays continually from 11:00AM-2:00PM, beginning Tuesday, March 17. Service will be located at the front entrance of each school—No families will be allowed into the buildings.
All sites include:
- Alvarez High School, 375 Adelaide Ave.
- D’Abate Elementary School, 60 Kossuth St.
- DelSesto Middle School, 152 Springfield St.
- E-Cubed Academy, 812 Branch Ave.
- Gilbert Stuart Middle School, 188 Princeton St.
- Hope High School, 324 Hope St.
- Juanita Sanchez High School, 182 Thurbers Ave.
- Mt. Pleasant High School, 434 Mt. Pleasant Ave.
- Providence Career and Technical Academy, 41 Fricker St.
- Vartan Gregorian Elementary School, 455 Wickenden St.
Meals are available for residents 18 and under but they must be personally present at the distribution site. No ID is required.
Additionally, free, packaged dinners will be offered at City Recreation Centers – more info here: http://www.providenceri.gov/city-announces-grab-go-dinners-available-recreation-centers-providence-youth/
For information about free youth meal sites in Rhode Island visit: