AfterZone Fall 2020 AfterZone Program Descriptions
Thank you for registering. To streamline the process and save time later, please create an Edmodo account now. This account is required to access all online AfterZone and Hub content and programs.
To create your Edmodo student profile. Use this link (https://me.edmo.do/j/vhpeaa) and follow the instructions to create your profile. At the top right corner of your screen, you will see a “sign up” button. Click it, and choose to create a student account. It will then have you enter some basic information and create a password. You must then enter the school code: vhpeaa (for AfterZone) or ndfmtc (for Hub).
Edmodo will then send you a verification email to the email account you signed up with. **Make sure you do NOT use your PPSD email address. The verification email will be blocked by PPSD’s filters.** You must verify this account through your email, and then you will have access to your AfterZone and Hub programs. Please do this as soon as possible and alert us to any issues you have.
Safety Procedures for Fall Sessions:
- Masks are required of every child and adult and will be provided every day.
- Social distancing rules will be strictly observed – youth will only be with their instructors in a designated location and will not be able to roam and interact with anyone outside their pod.
- You have a choice of outdoor or virtual programs so there is an option that works best for you.
- Outdoor programs will be held in small pods of no more than 12 youth with an instructor – the only adult they will spend time with. We have carefully designed an experience so youth have contact with only one adult.
- All CDC and RI Department of Health Guidance and Protocols will be strictly followed.
- Every child will be given a state-designed health check and have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- An isolation room is available for any child that feels sick or exhibits symptoms and family members will be called immediately.
- No child or staff is allowed to enter the grounds if they feel sick.
- The only indoor experience will be access to bathrooms that have been deep cleaned and will be monitored by a cleaner who will clean after every child and staff member.
- The bathroom area will be fogged once a week to kill all germs.
- If any child is sick, we will help connect families to testing sites, share contact tracing information with the state, alert you immediately, and shut down the in-person program.
- All virtual programs operate through our Edmodo platform so no one from the outside can visit a class and we can monitor the instruction.