In 2008 Providence and San Francisco were chosen by the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation as two pilot sites for their New Day for Learning initiative. As part of this effort, PASA is working with these critical local partners and national resources to build the five elements of the initiative:
1) expand the definition of student success
2) use research-based knowledge about how students learn best
3) foster collaboration across all sectors
4) integrate various learning approaches and places
5) provide new opportunities for leadership and professional development
PASA is developing expanded learning opportunities at both the middle school and high school level.
The following video from Edutopia provides an overview of expanded learning and the New Day for Learning initiative.