The Providence After School Alliance (PASA) is currently seeking candidates for the position of AfterZone Program Support Staff for the AfterZone.
The Providence After School Alliance (PASA) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Program Support Staff for the AfterZone. The AfterZone is a citywide after-school system for middle school youth arranged as “campuses” of after-school activities in Providence middle schools and surrounding community locations in Providence.
PASA and a team of Providence’s leading youth serving organizations, called Site Management Agencies, are working together to organize, expand, and improve a collaborative system of high-quality out-of-school time programs for middle school youth in Providence.
As an alliance of after-school providers, PASA and the AfterZone Site Management Agencies partner with public and private sector after-school providers, volunteers, youth and parents to invest time, talent, and funds to the AfterZone to provide a variety of safe, fun, and quality learning opportunities for hundreds of middle school youth. The following Site Management Agencies are hiring part-time Program Support Staff members.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Providence/Roger Williams Middle School
- John Hope Settlement House/DelSesto Middle School
- Providence Housing Authority/Esek Hopkins Middle School
- Providence Public School Department/Gilbert Stuart Middle School
- Providence Public School Department/Nathan Bishop Middle School
Program Support Staff assist in the day to day logistics of the AfterZone. In addition, Program Support Staff is responsible for creating and leading Club AfterZone enrichment activities for (2) 1 hour blocks each afternoon from 3:10-5:10pm.
- This is a part-time, seasonal position. Hours will range from 16-25 per week depending upon the needs of each AfterZone site. Programming hours are Monday-Thursday 2:00-5:30pm. Selected Fridays from 2-4:30 will be required for ongoing planning and professional development.
Valid BCI performed within the last eighteen (18) months, after March 1, 2013.
Desire to work with middle school youth in a positive youth development atmosphere;
Creativity, patience, a good work ethic, and a sense of humor
Previous work history with at least two years of working with youth
- High school diploma or GED.
Proven experience in youth development and community-based programs;
Previous experience working in a licensed childcare program or after-school program
Previous experience writing/planning activities for STEM, arts, sports, and/or skills
Bilingual Spanish/English skills (or other languages);
Knowledge of Providence and the AfterZone communities;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
FOR THE COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION, CLICK HERE.
FOR THE APPLICATION FORM, CLICK HERE.*
*Please note that the application form is a PDF. If you do not have the software to fill this out, PASA will accept handwritten forms.